The latest evaluations of road safety education and advertising campaigns are available on this page. If you would like evaluations or information about previously run road safety campaigns, please contact the Road Safety Commission
You Deserve It - August 2015
The goal of this campaign was to support the 'Anywhere, Anytime' approach to WA police enforcement activities. The message aimed to increase the perceived likelihood of being stopped for a random breath test.
The specific objectives of this campaign were to:
- Support WA police drink driving enforcement activities by creating the perception that if you drink and drive, you will be caught; and
- Raise the awareness of the risks associated with drink driving.
- Strong prompted awareness (77%).
- Of those who admitted to recently driving near or over blood alcohol limit, 87% had seen the campaign.
- 95% said the campaign was easy to understand, with 77% saying it was believable.
Sashes - July 2013
The Sashes seat belt campaign aimed to:
- Generate awareness of the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- Raise the awareness of the impact that not wearing a seat belt will have on other people (i.e friends and family) in the event of a crash.
- Encourage rural and regional occupants to ensure others in the vehicle also wear a restraint.